Stuffed Green Peppers
Jump to recipe
- 1 Pkg Pam’s Pantry Mellie’s Mexi Mix
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 med to large Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup uncooked White Minute Rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cans Tomato Soup
- NOTE: If you are using very large peppers, you may need to use a little more hamburger and rice.
- Wash Peppers, cut the tops off and remove the seeds. Rinse the cavity.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water for 2-4 minutes, or put in a container of hot water and blanch them in the microwave.
- Don’t let them get to soft or they will break as you stuff them.
- Allow peppers to cool slightly so that they are easier to handle and stuff.
- Cook minute rice as instructed on the box.
- Cook hamburger and onions in a frying until hamburger is browned.
- Drain off any excess grease and add the packet of Pam’s Pantry Mellie’s Mexi Mix to the browned hamburger and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix hamburger and rice together.
- Stuff mixture into the peppers. Be careful not to break the peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a casserole dish, open end up.
- Pour tomato soup over and around the peppers. (Do not add water or milk to the soup).
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Serve piping hot!!
- If you like it hot: Use Pam’s Pantry Jalapeno Dip Mix or Tasha’s Texas Twister mix instead of the Mellie’s Mexi Mix.
- For Cheese Lovers: Add shredded cheese to the top after it has cooked for 15 minutes.
- For Garlic Lovers: Add 1-2 chopped cloves of garlic to the hamburger/rice mix.
- For Meat Lovers: Add a little extra hamburger and use less rice.
© 2023 Pam's Pantry 2017