Mellie’s Mexi Rice
Jump to recipe
- 1 Pkg Pam's Pantry Mellie's Mexi Mix
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 4 oz Tomato Sauce
- One quarter cup diced Sweet Onion
- 1 15 oz can petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- NOTE: If you don't have chicken broth, you can use 2 cups of water and chicken bouillon. Use 1-2 tsp bouillon per cup of rice.
- On stove top with high heat add rice and oil to a small pot to brown.
- Once desired color is reached add all remaining ingredients, check broth to be sure it tastes the way you like.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and follow cooking directions for rice. (Roughly about 15-20 minutes).
- Be sure and fluff rice with fork about half way through cooking time. Serves 4-5 people
© 2022 Pam's Pantry 2017